Pages

.

They got their hats! These chicks are ready for the Kentucky Derby.

They got their hats! These chicks are ready for the Kentucky Derby.



18" x 24", acrylics on panel, starring two heirloom Derby Chicks. These chicks are fairly common in the south, but up here in Michigan, it's rare to sight them. I've included a detail below so that you will recognize one more easily in the future.

This Derby Chicks painting is $799 to the first asking nicely. Inquiries may come to me. Please and thank you.


Two years ago I was feted all week in Louisville as the official Kentucky Derby artist. The final honor was sitting in our box at Churchill Downs' finish line and watching American Pharoah win the first leg of his Triple Crown. History unfolded for me personally and for the sport I passionately grew up with.

Wishing all involved a safe trip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment