Pages

.

Petal

"Petal," a Florus Animalum painting, 12" x 16", acrylics on panel, featuring a tender mouse nestled in an abundance of peonies. This piece is available for purchase to the first asking nicely, $599 (includes s&h inside the US). Thank you so much.

A difference in opinion does not mean one person is better or lesser than another. Nor is one right and the other wrong. Today is a struggle for many Americans who are afraid of the future. Be kind. Be gentle. Listen to hear, really hear their voices.

I am seeking understanding of how my country has become so divided. I am scared of what we are doing to each other, not just here in the States, but all over the world. 

And in the midst of this turmoil, making art might seem trite. But it is what I do to find my own inner piece. To process events and emotions in a healthy manner. And to give others a small bit of beauty to add to their days.

This mouse in this painting is timid. Mice are timid. But, you see, there is an army of beauty at her back, visualized as peonies. She knows they are there to catch her should she need to retreat.  

I define beauty as dignity, grace, moral character, joy and love. I am blessed to have just such an army in my circle.

Thanks for having my back, and, as always, for supporting my art,
Warmly, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment