Pages

.

Sapphire, in process

IN PROCESS (and with glare, apologies): "Sapphire," 24" x 30", acrylics on panel, available for purchase to the first asking nicely, $899 (includes s&h inside the US). Thank you so much!

So here's the thing: I had an entirely different plan in mind when I started this painting. And like a toddler throwing a tantrum, Sapphire insisted on doing something else. So I decided to indulge her, spent some time studying and responding to what was there, and came up with this.

It's kinda haphazard right now, but I can almost visualize the ending. For a while there today I was painting blindly, with very little idea of what was to come next. Disconcerting, but a great exercise in letting go of control.

Thanks, as always, for supporting my dream,
Warmly, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment