Pages

.

Seeking Faith


Another one from The Dryad Series, "Seeking Faith," a portrait of my daughter, 24" x 30", acrylics on panel, not currently for sale (this one is headed to an exhibition). However, inquiries may come to me.

I could tell you that the inspiration for this painting came after a heart to heart talk with Annie about the election and believing in a system that has carried our country through centuries, yet has disappointed so many. But I can't lie to you.

The real story is that I had the concept of a figure looking upwards and off to the side, with a sweeping drapery of blooms. I had literally (and I am using that word properly, trust me!) 60 seconds to capitalize on the natural light and take the inspiration photos before she ducked into ballet class.

(All the flowers symbolically speak towards seeking affirmation, love, acceptance, remembrance and honesty. Or you could just say that they are super pretty, and enjoy them for that. Also, she requested ice blue eyes and perfect brows.)

Thanks for following along with my artwork,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment